Old 28-09-2005, 08:30 PM
Elliot Richmond

On 28 Sep 2005 09:20:11 -0700, "pistor" wrote:

steph wrote:
Gil,Chick, Katra, Kathleen, Victor,everyone.........are you alright?God
Bless each one of you. Know that I pray for you and keep you in my thoughts.

Thank you, it's very kind of you to care. As others said, Austin
didn't even get rain. I'm glad we didn't buy the electric generator
after all...
Anyway, I was in Denver at the time and now I'm in Palm Springs, can't
wait to get back home to my own bed! Even though they've been having
record-breaking heat I hear.

You hear right. Day before yesterday, Austin was 108 degrees, hotter
than Death Valley, hotter than Riyadh, hotter than Baghdad, hotter
than Delhi, hotter than any place I could think of to look up except
other places right around here.

Elliot Richmond
Freelance Science Writer and Editor