Old 25-09-2005, 05:58 AM
steph

Default Hurricane Rita

Gil,Chick, Katra, Kathleen, Victor,everyone.........are you alright?God
Bless each one of you. Know that I pray for you and keep you in my thoughts.

--
Steph May

Old 25-09-2005, 06:39 AM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article , "steph"
wrote:

Gil,Chick, Katra, Kathleen, Victor,everyone.........are you alright?God
Bless each one of you. Know that I pray for you and keep you in my thoughts.

I'm cool. :-)
Austin did not get it like we thought it would.
We did not even get any rain!

Here is hoping the others are ok.....

For the record, Katra (me) has changed her screen name.

Cheers and thanks for asking!

You ok???
--
Om.

Old 25-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Kathleen

Yeah, not even a drop of rain...
my friend in Houston made it without even losing power.
Thanks for asking!
With hope and heart,
Kathleen
--
Sometimes the Lord calms the storm,
and sometimes He lets the storm rage

Old 25-09-2005, 06:03 PM
Cindy

Kathleen wrote:
Yeah, not even a drop of rain...
my friend in Houston made it without even losing power.
Thanks for asking!
With hope and heart,
Kathleen

I'm in north Spring, just north of Houston. We lost power for only a few
hours. Only got an inch of rain and I doubt the wind blew harder than 50--I
never managed to see a news report on how hard the wind DID blow--just how
hard it MIGHT blow, which scared the hell out of me. I managed to sleep
through most of it, and my garden didn't even get trashed. I had cut all my
Mexican sage off and given bouquets to neighbors, now I wish I'd left some!

It sure was misery on all the poor folks who evacuated. I hope to hell the
state has the foresight to plan opening both sides of the freeway for the
next evacuation--and what about TRAINS? They could have shipped a lot of
people north on the trains!

We REALLLLY lucked out on this one--I hope the next one we get isn't the
mother of all mothers! (knock, knock) I know I will NEVER live nearer than
100 miles of the coast. We're about 80 miles from it, and that was too
close.

Cindy

Old 28-09-2005, 05:20 PM
pistor

steph wrote:
Gil,Chick, Katra, Kathleen, Victor,everyone.........are you alright?God
Bless each one of you. Know that I pray for you and keep you in my thoughts.

Thank you, it's very kind of you to care. As others said, Austin
didn't even get rain. I'm glad we didn't buy the electric generator
after all...
Anyway, I was in Denver at the time and now I'm in Palm Springs, can't
wait to get back home to my own bed! Even though they've been having
record-breaking heat I hear.

Victor, homesick.

Old 28-09-2005, 06:36 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article .com,
"pistor" wrote:

steph wrote:
Gil,Chick, Katra, Kathleen, Victor,everyone.........are you alright?God
Bless each one of you. Know that I pray for you and keep you in my thoughts.

Thank you, it's very kind of you to care. As others said, Austin
didn't even get rain. I'm glad we didn't buy the electric generator
after all...
Anyway, I was in Denver at the time and now I'm in Palm Springs, can't
wait to get back home to my own bed! Even though they've been having
record-breaking heat I hear.

Victor, homesick.

Hot for late september! It's been in the triple digits...

However, there is supposed to be a cold front moving in tonight with
highs in the 80's tomorrow. :-)

I can hardly wait........

Cheers!

Katra
--
Om.

Old 28-09-2005, 08:30 PM
Elliot Richmond

On 28 Sep 2005 09:20:11 -0700, "pistor" wrote:

steph wrote:
Gil,Chick, Katra, Kathleen, Victor,everyone.........are you alright?God
Bless each one of you. Know that I pray for you and keep you in my thoughts.

Thank you, it's very kind of you to care. As others said, Austin
didn't even get rain. I'm glad we didn't buy the electric generator
after all...
Anyway, I was in Denver at the time and now I'm in Palm Springs, can't
wait to get back home to my own bed! Even though they've been having
record-breaking heat I hear.

You hear right. Day before yesterday, Austin was 108 degrees, hotter
than Death Valley, hotter than Riyadh, hotter than Baghdad, hotter
than Delhi, hotter than any place I could think of to look up except
other places right around here.

Elliot Richmond
Freelance Science Writer and Editor

[IBC] Rita and IBCers Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 26-09-2005 01:01 PM
[IBC] Rita Marty Haber Bonsai 0 24-09-2005 12:53 PM
Rita and Goldfish - Move em? Flashman Ponds 2 23-09-2005 08:20 PM
Hurricane reported in Richmond area FBCS Ponds 2 20-09-2003 12:46 AM