Old 30-09-2005, 02:18 AM
J Fortuna

Milda,
Thanks for the advice.
I thought that the sphag in bag method was in order to encourage root
growth? Does it also encourage new leaf growth? This seedling has quite a
lot of healthy roots, just the leaf situation is dire.
Joanna

"Milda" wrote in message

I would put in a plastic bag with moist (not wet!!) sphagnum. I have
saved a couple of Phals that way, and just now I have one seedling in a
bag. Open the plastic bag and check the roots, and let the bag be open
for some hours now and then. If the sphag is too wet, it would rot. I
keep it warm, on my bathroom floor.

Milda

J Fortuna Wrote:
Among the least happy campers in my condo is a phal schilleriana
seedling
that in March lost two leaves, leaving only one leaf, and has not grown
any
new leaf since then (in about 7 months). The remaining leaf looks
healthy
and the root system looks vigorous, but I wonder: is this young plant
doomed
to die after all? and is there anything I can do to encourage it to
grow a
second leaf?

Thanks,
Joanna