Old 30-09-2005, 12:08 AM
~Roy

Don't know how much area your pond covers or how much / type
vegetation is in it, but I slice up a zuchinni squash and place it in
my natural pond and preforms just before the sun goes down, and first
thing in the morning I take a net and scoop it up, and its literally
covered with snails, even if they have tons of other vegetation and
detrius to eat......I do the same in my aquariums if I get a snail
infestation....only I slice the zuchinni into thin slices instead of
strips.. Snails for some reason can not resist zuchinni squash. Their
welcome to it, as I can;t stand eating it.

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:55:57 -0700, "Daniel Morrow"
wrote:

===Mid posted.
===
===
==="Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message
=== Looks like pump change out will be a regular maintenance chore around
=== here. Dang snails like plugging up the impeller!
===
===Couldn't you just use a foam prefilter to keep the snails out? It seems like
===that would work. Good luck and later!
===
=== At least I have it
=== down to a 20 min chore! I probably should get to cleaning out that
=== second filter barrel. And here I thought this would be less maintenance
=== than mowing a lawn. Well, I guess it is! Probably more fun too!
===

"The original frugal ponder"