Old 30-09-2005, 12:13 AM
Reel Mckoi

"Daniel Morrow" wrote in message
Mid posted.

"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message
Looks like pump change out will be a regular maintenance chore around
here. Dang snails like plugging up the impeller!

Couldn't you just use a foam prefilter to keep the snails out? It seems
like
that would work. Good luck and later!

Have you tried the foam prefilters? I find them worthless as they clog
constantly. They sometimes needed twice daily cleaning. I use coarse
sponge filters in my fry pools and they need cleaning every few days
although they keep the water crystal clear. As a prefilter we're using the
plant baskets wired to together like clam shells with a hole for the cord
and hose to exit. They never clog. :-)
--
McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b