Old 30-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Steve said:

shazzbat wrote:

I had a vivid lesson today in what the rain can do to one's crops. After
several weeks of little or no rain, we had 9mm early this week, and this is
what it did to my squashes which were still on the plant.

http://photos.wanadoo.co.uk/album/al...photo=35209879

Impressive, no? They were all right on Saturday.

Well that's the first time I've ever seen that happen! Tomatoes and
cabbages will do that, but usually not squash. I wonder if that one kind
of squash is prone to doing that?

Watermelons will split like that, too. But I've never seen squashes do
tha, and I've tried a lot of different varieties. (The only subset I've
never tried has been spaghettie squash.)

(attributed to Don Marti)