Old 30-09-2005, 01:15 PM
Tom Line

How about keeping the tree prunned and the leaves raked and rake out the
soil around the roses and put a bag of fresh in each season? All trees
produce something, usually in decaying leaves, that discourages growth and
germination of plants around them. I believe most often this effect is
through acid ph of the decaying process more than anything else. Can you
post an aerial photo of your house? Something in Google earth perhaps so
we can get an idea?

Barry wrote:
: I've been trying to grow rose for several years, without too much success.
: They do produce some roses, but the plants seem to be stunted.
: Recently I read that Walnut trees produce a toxin that hurts the growth of
: many plants.
: My rose garden is just beyond the driip line of a Carparthian Walnut tree.
: I'm wondering if that is the reason I haven't done to well growing roses.
: Can anyone tell me if roses are one of the plants that are affected by the
: toxin?
:
:

--

Tom Line

For Fun And Safety In Firearms Sports visit...
--
http://www.bobtuley.com --