Old 30-09-2005, 06:00 PM
Butzmark

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 11:23:11 -0500, Matt Ward wrote:

I live in east central IL and would like to grow some bamboo in a
diverse planting area. I would like it to get tall, the taller the
better since I also grow the giant grasses at this location.

What would be a good choice for an attractive plant in this zone?

Thanks Matt

In Columbus, Ohio I've planted Yellow Groove, P rubramarginata and P
vivax three years ago. So far the vivax has died to the ground each
winter. The rubramarginata has done the best with the yellow groove
somewhere in between. We had an ice storm last year that I think set
them back badly, though the winter was mild, temperature wise.