Old 01-10-2005, 11:10 AM
Broadback

Pedro Popadopolous wrote:
Hi,

I have a large yew tree in my garden. A neighbour told me it is protected.
How can I find out? If it is what can I do to it? I would like to trim all
branches below 6ft off so I can walk comfortably unfer it (Its next to the
side of my garage)

Any help appreciated

:-)

Your local council will advise you if the tree is protected. If not you
can do as you wish. If it is you have to apply to them for any work
carried out on the tree (except small branches prunable with hand
secatures) or indeed beneath the canopy. They may well allow you to
remove branches to a certain level, though may insist that a qualified
aborculturalist carries out the work. The best of luck.