Old 01-10-2005, 11:34 AM
Broadback

Harold Walker wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message

Pedro Popadopolous wrote:

Hi,

I have a large yew tree in my garden. A neighbour told me it is
protected. How can I find out? If it is what can I do to it? I would like
to trim all branches below 6ft off so I can walk comfortably unfer it
(Its next to the side of my garage)

I was once told that the punishment for disobeying an order was far more
severe than unkowningly violating the 'rules and regulations'....so, in the
Fleet Air Arm, I never asked before doing and got what I wanted...H

I think you will find that they operate on the principle of "ignorance
of law is no defence". Their fines (even imprisonment, though unlikely)
can be severe.