Old 02-10-2005, 09:48 AM
Paul

Default Advise on buying trees please

Hi

I am starting a garden in a new build house, the main part of the
garden measures approx 11M deep X 17M long. This garden is in a windy
seaside location, I have currently laid the whole garden to lawn with
the intention of "carving it up" with some sort of design next spring.

Since the garden is flat and bounded by brick walls and fences I would
like to use plants to soften the these hard edges and give the garden
some height. As a start I would like to plant some standard trees this
autumn, (my wife likes apples).

Any suggestions as to what types of apple tree would be suitable for
my garden, what size should I buy and when should I plant my tree(s).

TIA

Paul