Old 02-10-2005, 03:32 PM
W.D.

Thanks for the advice, guys. Decided to go with a heat-resistant fescue for
now since my back yard has a good bit of shade depending on the time of day.
If it doesn't take I'll start over again in the Spring -- perhaps w/Zoysia.
Cheers,

W.D.

"W.D." wdanis at NO SPAM dot yahoo dot com wrote in message
Have just tilled and prepped my back yard in preparation for seeding w/a
heat resistant fescue but am having second thoughts and am thinking Zoysia
might be a better choice for my climate. But I've learned that Zoysia
takes a while to establish. Can I plant Zoysia from seed now, or is it too
late? What about sod? Now that my lawn is dug up I need to plant
something, and I'd rather not go through this again next year if the
fescue doesn't take.

Also, the fescue seed I plan to plant was purchased in April -- tried to
establish it in my (full sun) front yard but it didn't take. Is shelf life
going to be an issue? Thanks,

W.D.