Old 02-10-2005, 09:39 PM
Tony Ashton

Default [IBC] Hard Pruning a Satsuki - Now or later?

I would like to hard prune a Satsuki. What's the best time to hard prune a
Satsuki? I am in zone 7 - Portland Oregon, and fall has just arrived.

Picture posted on IBC Potensai forum
(http://internetbonsaiclub.org/compon...,133/topic,170
52.0/)

The Back story - This was given to me by a club member 3 years ago. It was a
stump with branches poking out at all angles.

I have identified a single branch that will become a trunk, and some side
branches - as you can see this will require a very hard pruning of the
existing foliage - leaving a huge base compared to the single remaining
trunk - highlighted in yellow.

What do you think? Do it now, or wait till spring?

Tony

Portland Or.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++