Old 02-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Phil L" contains these words:

Someone mentioned this earlier this year, I have a few bad patches on the
lawn and so I have placed a few handfuls of grass seed into a bag of moist
compost to germinate so that it will take root more easily when spread, I
gather it will also prevent birds etc from eating it.
What I want to know is, how long will it take to germinate?

I posted that you could damp used and dried-out tabags and sow the seed
on them, then use them as 'implants'.

I wouldn't think germinating them in damp compost would prevent the
birds from taking an interest - by the time they got to that stage
they'd be turning to compost themselves, I'd have thought.

--
Rusty