Old 03-10-2005, 11:33 AM
Tim Challenger

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 11:21:19 +0100, adm wrote:

"capstan" wrote in message
Woke up this morning to find to find large patches of the lawn packed with
hundreds of small toadstools, about 2" tall.
My neighbour also has even larger areas of infestation on her lawns. (Not
fairy rings)
Should I gather and destroy, or treat them with something, or ignore ?

Advice would be nice.

On the same subject, I have several small clumps of various mushrooms that
pop up on my lawn after a good rain. I'd like to get rid of them as well.
How does one go about doing this without killing the lawn ? I understand
that the mushrooms themselves are really just the fruit of the underlying
mycelium (?), so how does one go about killing that off ?

If they're shaggy ink-caps you can eat them.
--
Tim C.