Old 03-10-2005, 06:10 PM
Vincent Kreyling

Default [IBC] soil particles

Hello all,

As a someone fairly new to the obsession we all call bonsai I have been following the soil thread with great interest as I begin to get the components I would like to use in the soil mixes for my repotting next spring. I want to start getting the right type and size components, both organic and inorganic. I was curious about the size I should be using for the inorganic soil components that will be used in the mix. Most of my plants that I have now are at least shohin size or larger. I have some Japanese maples, Junipers (nana), pines (japanese black and scots), mugo pine, hinoki cypress, chamycypheris, japanese boxwood, podocarpus, ulmus (chinese and siberian), pomegranete, ficus, carmonophylla, bougainvilla, buttonwood and a serissa. I was thinking of trying to incorporate Akadama into my mixes this coming year and was looking for input from the group. I live in zone 7 on Long Island, New York. Thanks in advance for all your input.

Vinny

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++