Old 03-10-2005, 10:20 PM
Mike Lyle

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains

these
words:

Saturday's _Guardian_ had a piece about coppicing birches. I don't
know what the upper age limit is, as I never really thought of

them
as coppicing material, though I've done it to established woolly
birches without killing them.

Believe nothing the Grauniad tells you:

(Stolen wholesale from Ethel the Frog in The Shed...)

--------======== QUOTE ========--------

page 79 of the Weekend magazine:

"Computers [like all electrical equipment] emit electromagnetic
fields, which have been linked with insomnia, anxiety and general

ill
health"...

Improbable? Wait, there's more.

"Unplugging your computer when not in use [rather than just

switching
it off] makes a huge difference..."

It's a conspiracy to make me look intelligent, I tell you.

Yes, I enjoyed that article, too. I considered sending the whole
piece to Ben Goldacre of their own "Bad Science" column. You surely
didn't miss the part where it said spider plants soak up
electro-magnetic field? And in what way is junk food meant to deplete
the gut bacteria? I wish poor Franz were here to enjoy it.

--
Mike.