Old 04-10-2005, 12:48 AM
Jupiter

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 19:06:49 +0100, "Brian" ---
'flayb' to respond wrote:

"capstan" wrote in message
Woke up this morning to find to find large patches of the lawn packed with
hundreds of small toadstools, about 2" tall.
My neighbour also has even larger areas of infestation on her lawns. (Not
fairy rings)
Should I gather and destroy, or treat them with something, or ignore ?

Advice would be nice.

capstan.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Ignore them. They are feeding off and underground source~ such as an
old root. They might come back again next year but are very ephemeral. I
just kick them off or mow over them. I had giant puffballs, recently, and
find all others disappointing in comparison.
Best Wishes Brian.

Absolutely. Just another source of autumnal interest. If not edible
to humans (in which case pick and eat, as I trust you did with your
giant puffballs), other animals and insects will devour them, failing
which, as soon as the ground dries out they will just disappear, ready
to pop up again overnight in the right conditions.