Old 05-10-2005, 03:28 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
"Dave" wrote:

|| A guy from Terminex said my house has evidence of termites.
|| He will trench around my house and spray there to get rid of
|| termites. He said he sells termite insurance also. Is
|| termite insurance a good idea? How much should all this cost?
|| Does $1,000 sound like too much?

What boat did you just get off of?

What is your comment based on? A lot of houses which get treated for
termites get re-infested. The company should provide some sort of guarantee
(1yr-5yr?). I'm guessing the insurance would push coverage out from there.
Depending on how long the $1000 covers you for it might not be a bad idea.
Termite treatment alone could be that high not factoring in any repairs
you'd have to do due to damage.

Again, without the details of the insurance it's hard to make an exact call,
but why do you think that termite insurance is a bad idea as a rule of
thumb?

-D

I can guarantee a bad termite infestation will cause a LOT more than
$1,000.00 worth of damage!
--
Om.