Old 04-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Gary1951

Default Termites?

A guy from Terminex said my house has evidence of termites. He will
trench around my house and spray there to get rid of termites. He said
he sells termite insurance also. Is termite insurance a good idea?
How much should all this cost? Does $1,000 sound like too much?

Old 05-10-2005, 01:24 PM
BJ in Texas

Gary1951 wrote:
|| A guy from Terminex said my house has evidence of termites.
|| He will trench around my house and spray there to get rid of
|| termites. He said he sells termite insurance also. Is
|| termite insurance a good idea? How much should all this cost?
|| Does $1,000 sound like too much?

What boat did you just get off of?

--
"I'll get a life when someone demonstrates to me it would be
superior to what I have now." -- Taki Kogoma

Old 05-10-2005, 02:35 PM
Dave

|| A guy from Terminex said my house has evidence of termites.
|| He will trench around my house and spray there to get rid of
|| termites. He said he sells termite insurance also. Is
|| termite insurance a good idea? How much should all this cost?
|| Does $1,000 sound like too much?

What boat did you just get off of?

What is your comment based on? A lot of houses which get treated for
termites get re-infested. The company should provide some sort of guarantee
(1yr-5yr?). I'm guessing the insurance would push coverage out from there.
Depending on how long the $1000 covers you for it might not be a bad idea.
Termite treatment alone could be that high not factoring in any repairs
you'd have to do due to damage.

Again, without the details of the insurance it's hard to make an exact call,
but why do you think that termite insurance is a bad idea as a rule of
thumb?

-D

Old 05-10-2005, 02:50 PM
Bourne Identity

On 4 Oct 2005 12:37:34 -0700, "Gary1951" wrote:

A guy from Terminex said my house has evidence of termites. He will
trench around my house and spray there to get rid of termites. He said
he sells termite insurance also. Is termite insurance a good idea?
How much should all this cost? Does $1,000 sound like too much?

I recommend you call Aztec Pest Control and find out if you truly have
termites and use their service for a much safer alternative to the
neurotixins Terminex uses.

Victoria
Old 05-10-2005, 03:28 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
"Dave" wrote:

|| A guy from Terminex said my house has evidence of termites.
|| He will trench around my house and spray there to get rid of
|| termites. He said he sells termite insurance also. Is
|| termite insurance a good idea? How much should all this cost?
|| Does $1,000 sound like too much?

What boat did you just get off of?

What is your comment based on? A lot of houses which get treated for
termites get re-infested. The company should provide some sort of guarantee
(1yr-5yr?). I'm guessing the insurance would push coverage out from there.
Depending on how long the $1000 covers you for it might not be a bad idea.
Termite treatment alone could be that high not factoring in any repairs
you'd have to do due to damage.

Again, without the details of the insurance it's hard to make an exact call,
but why do you think that termite insurance is a bad idea as a rule of
thumb?

-D

I can guarantee a bad termite infestation will cause a LOT more than
$1,000.00 worth of damage!
--
Om.

Old 05-10-2005, 03:29 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
Bourne Identity wrote:

On 4 Oct 2005 12:37:34 -0700, "Gary1951" wrote:

A guy from Terminex said my house has evidence of termites. He will
trench around my house and spray there to get rid of termites. He said
he sells termite insurance also. Is termite insurance a good idea?
How much should all this cost? Does $1,000 sound like too much?

I recommend you call Aztec Pest Control and find out if you truly have
termites and use their service for a much safer alternative to the
neurotixins Terminex uses.

Victoria

Does Aztec pest control do rats? ;-)
--
Om.

Old 05-10-2005, 03:40 PM
BJ in Texas

Dave wrote:
termites.
||| What boat did you just get off of?
|| What is your comment based on? A lot of houses which get
|| treated for termites get re-infested. The company should
|| provide some sort of guarantee (1yr-5yr?). I'm guessing the
|| insurance would push coverage out from there. Depending on
|| how long the $1000 covers you for it might not be a bad idea.
|| Termite treatment alone could be that high not factoring in
|| any repairs you'd have to do due to damage.
|| Again, without the details of the insurance it's hard to make
|| an exact call, but why do you think that termite insurance is
|| a bad idea as a rule of thumb?
|| -D

When dealing with Terminex a second opinion is of great
importance. The insurance would be redundant if proper
preventative treatment is taken, the insurance would not
be retroactive to cover damage incurred prior to taking
out the policy.

--
"Few are the problems of mankind which are not amenable to a
suitable application of high explosives."

Old 05-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Joe Doe

In article ,

On 4 Oct 2005 12:37:34 -0700, "Gary1951" wrote:

A guy from Terminex said my house has evidence of termites. He will
trench around my house and spray there to get rid of termites. He said
he sells termite insurance also. Is termite insurance a good idea?
How much should all this cost? Does $1,000 sound like too much?

Make sure however does your work uses Termidor- it is the most effective
currently available termite treatment. If it is applied by a competent
PCO you will not need to buy a warranty. Wrt cost just specify termidor
and have a few companies bid the job.

Do a google search on Termidor before you let them use any other kind of
treatment. Search google groups too.

Roland
Old 05-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Kathleen

omg, all you need is to open a can of soda (any will do but we think coke
works best lol) and leave it out. The rats drink it and can't burp so they
die. Honest, my Dad has about 20 draft horses and has tried everything for
rats, this is what he uses now. He puts a new can out every day for a
couple weeks to get rid of them all and then repeats once a week for
maintanance.
With hope and heart,
Kathleen
PS. Chickens rock!
--
Sometimes the Lord calms the storm,
and sometimes He lets the storm rage

A guy from Terminex said my house has evidence of termites. He will
trench around my house and spray there to get rid of termites. He said
he sells termite insurance also. Is termite insurance a good idea?
How much should all this cost? Does $1,000 sound like too much?

I recommend you call Aztec Pest Control and find out if you truly have
termites and use their service for a much safer alternative to the
neurotixins Terminex uses.

Victoria

Does Aztec pest control do rats? ;-)
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Jack

Nicholson

Old 06-10-2005, 06:41 AM
Cindy

Kathleen wrote:
omg, all you need is to open a can of soda (any will do but we think
coke works best lol) and leave it out. The rats drink it and can't
burp so they die. Honest, my Dad has about 20 draft horses and has
tried everything for rats, this is what he uses now. He puts a new
can out every day for a couple weeks to get rid of them all and then
repeats once a week for maintanance.
With hope and heart,
Kathleen
PS. Chickens rock!

Woman, you are a fount of fascinating information!
So does it work on mice too? I got some glue traps today, have never tried
them. I always used the little wood snap traps, but my arthritis makes it
hard to set them, and the little buggers hurt!
Yeah, I miss my chickens. I had a variety of bantams years ago on the
farm--silver sebrights, cochins and mille fleurs.
Cindy

Old 06-10-2005, 12:28 PM
Kathleen

[...]

I am sure it works on mice too.
One of my clients tried the glue traps and said they were horrible. They
wanted something more humane... and tried to free them... you can imagine.
We have 4 hens and 1 roo and are really enjoying watching them. They are
hilarious!
With hope and heart,
Kathleen

Old 07-10-2005, 10:15 AM
Ilinka

To treat termite you need a chemical barrier which is done by inserting
plugs inside and outside your walls, and all timber in the house. $1000 does
not seem too much if the job is well done. But before you make a deal make
more inquiries, look on the internet for termite treatment. It is not a job
for amateur.
Good luck.
Did you know that termite puree due to formic acid, us a healer for wounds?

ups.com...

Old 08-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Bourne Identity

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 09:29:15 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
wrote:

In article ,
Bourne Identity wrote:

On 4 Oct 2005 12:37:34 -0700, "Gary1951" wrote:

A guy from Terminex said my house has evidence of termites. He will
trench around my house and spray there to get rid of termites. He said
he sells termite insurance also. Is termite insurance a good idea?
How much should all this cost? Does $1,000 sound like too much?

I recommend you call Aztec Pest Control and find out if you truly have
termites and use their service for a much safer alternative to the
neurotixins Terminex uses.

Victoria

Does Aztec pest control do rats? ;-)

I'm sure they do, but I have no need for that feature. I have snakes
and owls. This year I had the most different types of wildlife in my
yard than I've ever seen before. They are building some Brushy Creek
Trail which will wrap around it from Hutto to Cedar Park, fifty miles.
We are right on the creek, so many animals are being displaced. Lucky
for them we have a backyard certified habitat for them to take refuge
in.

Should I treat for Termites on the outside of my house with the Canister baiting kits Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Gardening 6 12-09-2003 10:36 PM
Termites? j647 North Carolina 2 22-07-2003 09:43 PM
Termites? j647 North Carolina 0 21-07-2003 04:19 PM
mulch next to house....termites brianb Gardening 7 10-06-2003 01:32 AM
termites and moisture meters James Australia 2 10-04-2003 02:44 PM