Old 06-10-2005, 06:41 AM
Cindy

Kathleen wrote:
omg, all you need is to open a can of soda (any will do but we think
coke works best lol) and leave it out. The rats drink it and can't
burp so they die. Honest, my Dad has about 20 draft horses and has
tried everything for rats, this is what he uses now. He puts a new
can out every day for a couple weeks to get rid of them all and then
repeats once a week for maintanance.
With hope and heart,
Kathleen
PS. Chickens rock!

Woman, you are a fount of fascinating information!
So does it work on mice too? I got some glue traps today, have never tried
them. I always used the little wood snap traps, but my arthritis makes it
hard to set them, and the little buggers hurt!
Yeah, I miss my chickens. I had a variety of bantams years ago on the
farm--silver sebrights, cochins and mille fleurs.
Cindy