Old 06-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Matt Ward

Russell, I have been reading about the various bamboos. The reason I
asked, was that I hoped for some responses from other zone 5 folks.

I had initally settled on one of the fargesia's, but wanted some
assurance that with reasonable care it might survive here. I am looking
for accents to some of my giant grasses and center piece plants for
larger daylily beds.

Thanks Matt

Russell Sheptak wrote:

Not true. There are zone 5 clumping bamboo species as well as running
ones. For example, most of the fargesia species are listed as zones
5-8. I recommend the original poster do a little homework with Google,
or start he

http://www.bamboos.com/mountain%20bamboo.html

rus

In article .com,
"syzygy in ny" wrote:

In your climate zone, you're probably limited to the phyllostachys
genus.
P. nuda is supposed to be one of the most cold-hardy bamboos around,
and good eating, too.