Old 08-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Tom

Default Relocating old aluminium glasshouse (New glass seals?)

Having recently moved to a new (old) house if you see what I mean, I need to
relocate the 8X6ft glasshouse (left by the previous owner) to another part
of the garden.

I've just finished laying the concrete base and I intend removing the glass
and dismantling the alu frame which looks in a reasonable condition.
However I would like to replace the galvanised W clips and S clips with new
SS ones and I have already located a source of supply for these,
however, the existing rubber seals which fitted between the glass and the
alu frame are perished and I would like to replace them.

I would like to replace them with an U section flex material which could be
slotted over the glass edges and mitred with a sharp knife on the corners
prior to fitting the glass in the frame, I believe this is a better way of
cushioning the glass against slight wind movement and would also spread the
point load to which the glass edges are subjected to by the W clips. The
internal width of the slot should be 3mm, the legs to be approx 10mm, the
material should be resistant to UV.
Any ideas as to where I can obtain such a product? I will need approx 200 ft
of it.

Regards
Tom