Old 08-10-2005, 04:59 PM
Phil L

Mike Lyle wrote:
:: Phil L wrote:
::: I'm going to have to build a soakaway, which will take surface water
::: from a 55m2 garden...there are no drains in the area.
::: The subsoil is mostly clay, but it's at the top of a hill - what size
::: should I dig the hole and what should I fill it with? - there are no
::: limits to the size of hole, nor to the infill material(s)
:::
::: TIA
::
:: For anything like this, you can't beat McCormack:
:: http://www.pavingexpert.com/drain08.html
::
:: --
:: Mike.

That's just the thing I'm looking for, although it's not looking too
promising WRT the heavy clay soil :-(
....and it's only about 2ft deep, sitting on top of sandstone - it's looking
like I'll have to dig a 20m trench to lay a new drain, which i was ring to
avoid as it goes under a wall.

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.