Old 15-01-2003, 08:23 PM
Tumbleweed

Default Slightly OT - Conservatories

Yes, Polycarb roofs are incredibly noisy when it rains. I think they also do
make for a very cold conservatory. If I was going to do it again, I probably
would go for a tiled roof so we could heat the room at reasonable cost, and
still geta fair bit of light, though that would probably also incresae the
cost quite a bit.
As it is very cold it is not used much December to Feb. Having said that, it
is N facing (no choice) so that doesn't help with the cold, since if it got
the sun in winter I suspect that would help a lot, certainly in the day
anyway. OTOH at least it doesnt usually get too hot in summer.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks before replying (but no email reply necessary to newsgroups)