Old 11-10-2005, 01:58 AM
Kathleen

Thanks. I will do that, because I have a lot of wood and we SO love the
fire! I really think it must be the stuff building up, because it worked
fine the first year/season and a half that we used it.
With hope and heart,
Kathleen

--
Sometimes the Lord calms the storm,
and sometimes He lets the storm rage

"Bourne Identity" wrote in message
On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 12:39:52 -0500, "Kathleen"
wrote:

Yesterday and today are perfect, but Friday morning was exactly what

hate when we get our usual week of Winter weather (unless I have

nothing
do but stay inside in front of the fire......)

Has anyone here ever used a chimney sweep? I wonder if it's really that
dirty up there, or if perhaps our fireplace is meant to be ornamental

only.
We used it all last year but it got to where the smoke got in my throat

and
kinda awful (yes we checked the flue).
With hope and heart,
Kathleen

Something similar happened in our last house. The chimney was too low
and as a result, smoke came back into the house. I forgot now what we
did to rectify the problem, but I do recall something had to be done.
We may have had the chimney extended. IT's a serious problem if you
are getting smoke indoors because of carbon monoxide. I would
definitely suggest you have someone out who is insured and bonded to
take a look at the chimney.