Old 09-10-2005, 06:51 AM
steph

Default Is Everyone O.K?

Did you get to safety?Is everyone o.k? May God Bless each of you.

--
Steph May

Old 09-10-2005, 08:15 AM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article , "steph"
wrote:

Did you get to safety?Is everyone o.k? May God Bless each of you.

Why? What happened????????? ;-o
--
Om.

Old 09-10-2005, 12:28 PM
cat daddy

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" wrote in message
In article , "steph"
wrote:

Did you get to safety?Is everyone o.k? May God Bless each of you.

Why? What happened????????? ;-o

108F one weekend, then 55F and drizzly cold wind the next....... I almost
froze to death before I got back inside to safety............

Old 09-10-2005, 12:44 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

wrote:

Did you get to safety?Is everyone o.k? May God Bless each of you.

Why? What happened????????? ;-o

108F one weekend, then 55F and drizzly cold wind the next....... I almost
froze to death before I got back inside to safety............

Oh! Ok.
I'm loving it. ;-)
I was tired of the heat!

Cheers!
--
Om.

Old 09-10-2005, 01:05 PM
cat daddy

wrote:

Did you get to safety?Is everyone o.k? May God Bless each of you.

Why? What happened????????? ;-o

108F one weekend, then 55F and drizzly cold wind the next....... I

almost
froze to death before I got back inside to safety............

Oh! Ok.
I'm loving it. ;-)
I was tired of the heat!

Cheers!

I wouldn't mind a little bit of a transition, though.......... Didn't
even get a chance to open the windows from having the AC on to almost firing
up the heaters........
I also had a New Zealand friend who was worried how we weathered the
hurricanes, though. I sadly reported we didn't even get clouds. Hopefully,
the rains will come on Tuesday. My garden is crispy.

Old 09-10-2005, 05:02 PM
Cindy

wrote:

Did you get to safety?Is everyone o.k? May God Bless each of you.

Why? What happened????????? ;-o

108F one weekend, then 55F and drizzly cold wind the next....... I
almost froze to death before I got back inside to safety............

Omigod it's WONDERFUL! Reminding me of lovely breezy cool mid-August days
in Montana....been out gardening and working on my suntan now that going
outside is bearable.

Cindy

Old 09-10-2005, 05:54 PM
cat daddy

wrote:

Did you get to safety?Is everyone o.k? May God Bless each of you.

Why? What happened????????? ;-o

108F one weekend, then 55F and drizzly cold wind the next....... I
almost froze to death before I got back inside to safety............

Omigod it's WONDERFUL! Reminding me of lovely breezy cool mid-August days
in Montana....been out gardening and working on my suntan now that going
outside is bearable.

Yesterday and today are perfect, but Friday morning was exactly what I
hate when we get our usual week of Winter weather (unless I have nothing to
do but stay inside in front of the fire......)

Old 09-10-2005, 06:39 PM
Kathleen

Yesterday and today are perfect, but Friday morning was exactly what I
hate when we get our usual week of Winter weather (unless I have nothing

do but stay inside in front of the fire......)

Has anyone here ever used a chimney sweep? I wonder if it's really that
dirty up there, or if perhaps our fireplace is meant to be ornamental only.
We used it all last year but it got to where the smoke got in my throat and
kinda awful (yes we checked the flue).
With hope and heart,
Kathleen

Old 09-10-2005, 07:19 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
"Kathleen" wrote:

Yesterday and today are perfect, but Friday morning was exactly what I
hate when we get our usual week of Winter weather (unless I have nothing

do but stay inside in front of the fire......)

Has anyone here ever used a chimney sweep? I wonder if it's really that
dirty up there, or if perhaps our fireplace is meant to be ornamental only.
We used it all last year but it got to where the smoke got in my throat and
kinda awful (yes we checked the flue).
With hope and heart,
Kathleen

When we lived in Evergreen (above Denver in Colorado) we had the two
chimmeys swept annually.

Creosote builds up in the flues and a flue fire WILL burn down your
house!

It's cheaper to maintain them properly.

Get them cleaned annually.

Cheers!
--
Om.

Old 10-10-2005, 02:14 AM
Cindy

Kathleen wrote:
Yesterday and today are perfect, but Friday morning was exactly
what I hate when we get our usual week of Winter weather (unless I
have nothing to do but stay inside in front of the fire......)

Has anyone here ever used a chimney sweep? I wonder if it's really
that dirty up there, or if perhaps our fireplace is meant to be
ornamental only. We used it all last year but it got to where the
smoke got in my throat and kinda awful (yes we checked the flue).
With hope and heart,
Kathleen

Yes. The carbon and smoke builds up in the chimney and can combust and
cause a chimney fire eventually, especially if you never burn a really hot
fire.

Old 10-10-2005, 02:16 AM
Cindy

Creosote builds up in the flues and a flue fire WILL burn down your
house!

It's cheaper to maintain them properly.

Get them cleaned annually.

Cheers!

Creosote, yeah, I couldn't remember what you called it.
And having HAD a chimney fire once and been scared to death, I would
definitely agree.

Old 10-10-2005, 11:50 AM
Kathleen

Yes. The carbon and smoke builds up in the chimney and can combust and
cause a chimney fire eventually, especially if you never burn a really hot
fire.

Ok then. Thanks for the input ladies!
With hope and heart,
Kathleen

Old 10-10-2005, 01:58 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
"Kathleen" wrote:

Yes. The carbon and smoke builds up in the chimney and can combust and
cause a chimney fire eventually, especially if you never burn a really hot
fire.

Ok then. Thanks for the input ladies!
With hope and heart,
Kathleen

You are most welcome! :-)
--
Om.

Old 10-10-2005, 02:19 PM
Bourne Identity

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 12:39:52 -0500, "Kathleen"
wrote:

Yesterday and today are perfect, but Friday morning was exactly what I
hate when we get our usual week of Winter weather (unless I have nothing

do but stay inside in front of the fire......)

Has anyone here ever used a chimney sweep? I wonder if it's really that
dirty up there, or if perhaps our fireplace is meant to be ornamental only.
We used it all last year but it got to where the smoke got in my throat and
kinda awful (yes we checked the flue).
With hope and heart,
Kathleen

Something similar happened in our last house. The chimney was too low
and as a result, smoke came back into the house. I forgot now what we
did to rectify the problem, but I do recall something had to be done.
We may have had the chimney extended. IT's a serious problem if you
are getting smoke indoors because of carbon monoxide. I would
definitely suggest you have someone out who is insured and bonded to
take a look at the chimney.

Old 11-10-2005, 01:58 AM
Kathleen

Thanks. I will do that, because I have a lot of wood and we SO love the
fire! I really think it must be the stuff building up, because it worked
fine the first year/season and a half that we used it.
With hope and heart,
Kathleen

--
Sometimes the Lord calms the storm,