Old 11-10-2005, 06:14 AM
meee

so just any old coarse sand will do? Is beach sand ok? would it be ok if i
wash it, or would it contain too much salt??

--
There are many intelligent species in the Universe. They are all owned by
cats.

Anonymous

One cat just leads to another. -Ernest Hemingway

"A&G&K&H" wrote in message

"meee" wrote in message
news

"A&G&K&H" wrote in message

"meee" wrote in message
Hi everyone, just another Q. about tropical gardening...is there a

better
way to propogate cuttings in tropical areas? I've been having some
trouble,
especially with the more fleshy cuttings, with things rotting. I've

used
my
usual mix, keeping it moist as it dries out v. quickly in the heat,
however
many of my cuttings rot. I'm experimenting at the moment with

leaving
some
to callus over for a bit longer before planting, but should i plant

them
in
sand only, or not water until roots form, or what? Does anyone have

any
ideas? Thanks in advance.

Try rooting hormone on the tips and then using a sharp sand mix.

water
regularly.
HTH
Amanda

thanks for that~!! Um, where do I get sharp sand from? I hear of it all

the
time, but never have known what it really is.

..hmmm - well we get it from a creek bed at the IL's farm but I'd assume
that its available in nurseries. ...but its really just sand that is a bit
coarser as opposed to powdery consistency.