Old 17-01-2003, 02:50 PM
sacha

Default Garden Maintenance

in article , paula at
wrote on 16/1/03 9:13 pm:

I work away for up to a month at a time and need to arrange for
someone to maintain my garden - cut lawns , hedges , weeding
general tyding up etc.

What is the best way of going about finding someone reliable ,
regular etc. probably 2 hours pw would be enough .
Is it best to get an individual or arrange a contract with larger
operator ?

What would be the going rate in the South East area

Thanks for any help

Can't tell you what a fair rate is in the SE but my past experience of
contractors is don't unless you're there to supervise. The only way I'd
employ a contractor during my absence would be if I knew the person coming
to do the work was capable of doing *exactly* what I wanted and that it
would always be that person who came. I would suggest your best bet is to
talk to neighbours, look at small ads in papers (and conduct a careful
interview) ask at your local post office if you live in a small area, talk
to the person that tends the local churchyard etc. If there's a local
gardening club or an allotment association, try talking to them, too.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk