Old 11-10-2005, 01:06 PM
willshak

On 10/7/2005 12:53 AM US(ET), Craig Davis took fingers to keyboard, and
typed the following:

I just purchased a home with 1 1/2 acres of fairly level and open lawn. Any
information that will help me make a good decision on what to purchase will
be appreciated. Do I need a lawn tractor or a riding lawn mower. How much
HP is needed? How wide a cut? Any thoughts on which brands to consider or
stay away from would be appreciated.

If you like walking and have a lot of time to mow the lawn, buy a walk
behind lawn mower.
If you want to ride and cut down the time, buy a riding lawn mower.
If you want to have a garden and want to attach garden implements to the
mower, like a tiller, etc,. and/or you live in the northern part of
North America and want to use a snow plow, or snow blower attached to
the mower, buy a lawn or garden tractor.

--
Bill