Old 17-01-2003, 04:54 PM
Alison

Default Tree pruning help???

"Celtmoon :-)" wrote in message

Would it be advisible to prune a tree round about nowish? It's 8ft tall,
with branches all over (no doubt!!!) I think it's about 10-15 years old,
more likely about 10ish.

It's a nice tree, but it's getting a tad on the large side. And, although

can generally find information on pruning, nothing really tells me when!

If it is a cherry then I believe it's best to wait until May/June - at any
other time of year they can apparently succumb to 'Silver Leaf' disease
which can kill the tree. That's what we were told by the Arboricultural
Association anyway so we're waiting til a lil later in the year to prune our
10 cherries (what a daunting task!)

--A