Old 12-10-2005, 04:23 PM
Charlie Pridham

"Amber" wrote in message
ups.com...
So I would not get the root mealy without the normal mealy bug signs on
the top of the plant?

No, they may be related but are quite separate things, knock the plants out
of the pots and you will see the little white patches on the out side of the
root ball, if you have it the best cure seems to be the compost containing
"Intercept" (which also treats Vine weevil) it won't have a lot of effect on
ordinary Mealy Bug. I think you can also apply it as a drench to the soil.
We struggled for years with it in our stock pots of scented leaved
pelargoniums but a single application of intercept and its gone for good.
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk