Old 18-01-2003, 11:32 AM
sacha

Default nurserys / gardens near Bristol to visit

in article , Jill at
wrote on 17/1/03 7:18 pm:

"sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
in article E_TV9.13889$4k6.1234345@wards, Jill at
wrote on 17/1/03 2:00 pm:

Hi
I am going to visit a friend in mid February
a real treat - first holiday for 8 years
and she was wondering where I might want to go
Are there any really great nurseries large or small or gardens to go to
around there that anyone could recommend?

thanks

Well, we're about 2 hours away..... ;-))

now that is just cruel !!
I would adore to come and see your place
but with a newish kid at my friends and a short amount of time
it is an indulgence too far
sorry
I promise that I will sometime
How about doing a Google search and/or ringing any information or tourism
bureau in Bristol? There might not be too much in gardens in February but
nurseries with good glasshouses could be v. interesting for you.

yup will do
but sometimes the smaller nurseries or gardens are not online so
recommendations are the best
I understnad its not the best time of year
and as I am flying I can't stuff a car :~((

We'll look forward to next time, then. ;-) I see someone has suggested the
Eden Project to you and if you do manage to get down in this direction,
that's about an hour from here and of course, Rosemoor is this way, too
plus lots of good Devon & Cornwall gardens to see. I just thought I'd help
you plan your next visit. ;-))
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk