Old 18-01-2003, 05:00 PM
Jennifer Sparkes

Default nurserys / gardens near Bristol to visit

The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:

The following site has a list of garden centres that might be worth
looking at ;
http://www.topgardencentresuk.com/GC...oryBRISTOL.htm

from that url I would go for :-

Riverside ... no garden but good collection of plants
Park ... sort of garden to display plants plus indoor and outdoor 'shops'
Brackenwood ... have not been to that part of it for years, have heard it
is interesting ...

Another one is Cadbury nursery at Congresbury, commercial but good
selection of plants and some planting to display them.

If you are out Cheddar way then go up - or - down Burrington Coombe
and drop into the garden centre, by the pub, at the bottom, was called
Burrington Coombe Garden Centre, can't remember it' new name.

Looking in last years 'Yellow Book' there is a garden open for Snowdrops
in the Central and North Gloucestershire area but probably too far.
() I could not get that to load. So did a google
search for Cinderdine and it came up with several references which did
open and there are open days in February 2003.

Shame that Hill House is too far, I was going to suggest it as the best
bet at this time of the year, well any time of the year, and an easy journey
from Bristol.

Bristol Zoo is a good - not sure how much would be in the gardens
ATM. The entrance fee is not cheap unless one is a pensioner and goes
on a Friday!

Sorry I don't know the Bath ones.
Jennifer