Old 14-10-2005, 01:33 PM
Roger Snipes

Default [IBC] Soil Mixes for --Training-- Pots

Martin,

A coarser mix for conifers, especially pines, isn't a bad idea. I and
others in my area usually use a somewhat coarser mix for our pines, although
it isn't 100% necessary.

For pines I don't use much, if any, bark in the mix - 25% or less, with the
rest just being lava rock or other grit.

Regards,
Roger Snipes
Spokane, WA. Zone 5-ish