Old 14-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Derek Broughton

Default Ping Jan Umbrella plants UK

2pods wrote:

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
2pods wrote:

In or out for the winter ?

A pond post! Out, definitely. I doubt an umbrella would survive even a
southern UK winter. Treat as a houseplant, keep in a warm sunny window,
and keep it wet. I used to keep them in the veggie filter I built for my
large (299gallon) aquarium (so completely submersed) but they don't have

oops. Finger slip there - it was only 200gal! (not that it really matters).

be that wet. They make good houseplants, though, because watering is so
easy :-) Most of my houseplants suffer from inadequate watering, so all
I keep are cactuses and pond plants.

I'll have to look about the house as all sunny windows are yaken up with
Parrot's Feather, Water Lettuce, and Water Hyacinth in small tanks and
disused bottle gardens :-)

It doesn't need as much light as the Lettuce & Hyacinth. So don't worry too
much. I never could keep Water Hyacinth over the winter.
--
derek