Old 15-10-2005, 02:39 AM
Roger Snipes

Default [IBC] Top dressing

I don't normally use top dressing, although if I have some odd colored grit
in my mix, I will put on a top layer of straight red lava rock. Although
not everyone likes the color of the lava rock, I find it to be pleasing.

I also find that moss will adhere and grow on the lava rock. I don't
normally add moss, but wait for it to volunteer. Sometimes I will sprinkle
on some crumbled up moss, which then speeds the process for natural moss
growth.

Regards,
Roger Snipes
Spokane, WA. Zone 5-ish

There has been a lot of discussions on soil, but I haven't seen much
concerning the top dressing of the soil. Most of my soil has a very
coarse look, and I would love to hear what others use to cover their soil
to give a smoother finished look. Of course, I would also like to know
where they obtain this ingredient.

What product is used fotop dressing for those who like to create forests,
the moss will not adhear to the coarse ingredients that I have used in
the past..

++++Sponsored, in part, by John Romano++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++