Old 15-10-2005, 09:39 AM
JennyC

Default Canna question

"80/20" wrote in message
An ex-neighbour gave me a Canna about 4 years ago with the instructions that
it likes to be pot bound.

Well it hasn't flowered since, BUT today it has started to send out a flower
bud. I'm in rural Worcestershire and I'm sure that it will catch a cold
shortly. I've considered bringing it into the conservatory until it's
flowered - what say you?

Before you get on to me about being cruel to it I feel I must point out that
it is well feed and watered and every year it gets a top dressing of fresh
compost.

Cheers
Steve

How strange it's never flowered!

I'd bring it in till it's finished flowering
Then let it die down somewhere cool (but frost free)
Cut off the dead material
Leave in a cool place over the winter
Take it out of it's pot in early spring - before it starts to sprout
Break of the healthy looking outer bits and discard the 'middle' (this is
probably worn out)
Re-pot in fresh compost
Bring into a warmer environment (GH or conservatory)
Put out when frost danger is over, in a SUNNY location
FEED
wait................. should flower :~))

Jenny