Old 18-01-2003, 06:58 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default Cats (No, not the usual thread)

The message
from (Simon Avery) contains these words:

Hello All

Installed my pond liner today, butyl - half a grand's worth.
Remembered to shut the dogs up but forgot about the cats.

Windy day, butyl liner flapping in the breeze. Charlie comes along and
decides to pounce on it. Result - one nice hole in the deepest part,
clear through.

Luckily I'd had the foresight to order a repair pack as well, so could
patch it straight away, but still Not Good.

Moral: Shut cuts up as well as dogs...

At least when the pond is full if water you can be fairly sure the
cats won't go in it; but many dogs (like ours) will paddle or swim
whenever they get chance...can you protect the inside of the filled pond
in any way from their claws, especially edges where they might scramble
out after a dip?

Janet.