Old 15-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Blossom Blossom is offline
Registered User

Location: Worthing, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhomes4sale
Several of you are telling me to brush the worm cast out with a broom, but how do you do this when this time of the year they are just wet mud. Am I supposed to dry them out first with a hair dryer and them brush them out.
A good question if your lawn gets a lot of shade. I have the same problem. Indeed, you have to let them dry out some before you can sweep 'em successfully. Tricky in high-dew days of autumn.

The RHS "Encyclopedia Of Gardnening" says

* The casts NEED to be removed since they provide a site for airborne weed-seeds to germinate in.
* "Disperse by brushing. If numerous, apply carbaryl when the soil is warm & damp"

You rest your case.