Old 16-10-2005, 05:55 AM
mm

Default Mushrooms Again

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 11:25:31 +0000, CJS
wrote:

Attached are photos of mushrooms growing on my garden. Which I get every
year due to 2 rotting tree stumps, but not normally so large. Just
concerned if dangerous as I have a 3 year old daughter.

Can anyone help

Thanks

I agree withthe pp. Everyone says that one cant' tell in the US what
is edible by looking at it. The mushroom growers started with edible
mushrooms and don't add anything new, afaik.

There was a SouthEast Asian family in California a few years ago who
went picking mushroopms, and found those that looked like the ones
they ate back home, and all or almost all of them died.

Aiui, they grow up in one night -- is that really true -- so if the
lime prevents mushrooms, that's probably the thing to do.

But congratulations for thinking of this problem in advance.

|Filename: DSCF1384b.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=2851|

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.