Old 17-10-2005, 07:27 AM
HC

Default Glyphosate

G'day

I only ever mix as required, but recently (about 3 months ago) I
finished a 5 Litre bottle (concentrate) that was 20 years old, it was
still killing weeds as good as when it was new, but it had been kept in
ideal conditions all it's life.

I was quite surprised when I realised how old that bottle of Glyphosate
really was.....it had been bought with a job in mind that never came to
fruition.

Bronwyn ;-)

Vampyre wrote:
Don Smith wrote:

Does Glyphosate have a self life?
I had a mix in my sprayer which had been there for some weeks. I used it to
spray some weeds a week ago and the weeds are still doing well. Which led
me to think that perhaps I should use the mixture immediately.
Any comments please.

Don

I'm using some that's about 5 years old.
I typically mix it stronger than the directions, and have never had any
issues.

If it's a particularly stubborn weed, use a steamer (or just pour
boiling water) on it. Kills the weed pretty well straight away. 1
application, no residue, no problems if you've got pets...