Old 17-10-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Looking for a transparent mesh / net to cover pond for safety

We are currently building a fairly large pond in our yard. There will
be a fence around the pond but to be as safe as possible and prevent
children accidents, I would like to install a mesh/net over the pond.
It should be strong enough to hold a child or even an adult. There are
nets on the market for swimming pools and that will probably end up
being what we will buy. But what I was really looking for is a net or
mesh that is transparent and can be placed slightly below the water
surface no deeper than 1 or 1 and a half centimeters deep as it is
known that small children can drown in 2 cm deep water. By being
transparent and just below the surface, it should allow us to give the
pond its natural look. Has anyone ever come across such a net or mesh
on the market? If so, please let me know where I can purchase one.

Thanks for your help,
Johann Blake