Old 17-10-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Looking for a transparent mesh / net to cover pond for safety

We are currently building a fairly large pond in our yard. There will
be a fence around the pond but to be as safe as possible and prevent
children accidents, I would like to install a mesh/net over the pond.
It should be strong enough to hold a child or even an adult. There are
nets on the market for swimming pools and that will probably end up
being what we will buy. But what I was really looking for is a net or
mesh that is transparent and can be placed slightly below the water
surface no deeper than 1 or 1 and a half centimeters deep as it is
known that small children can drown in 2 cm deep water. By being
transparent and just below the surface, it should allow us to give the
pond its natural look. Has anyone ever come across such a net or mesh
on the market? If so, please let me know where I can purchase one.

Thanks for your help,
Johann Blake

Old 17-10-2005, 03:30 PM
~Roy

Anything thats going to be in contact with the water will eventually
and probably in short order get covered in slime or algae.......Even
an open mesh will soon get covered, and be readily seen.......

..On 17 Oct 2005 06:28:44 -0700, wrote:

===We are currently building a fairly large pond in our yard. There will
===be a fence around the pond but to be as safe as possible and prevent
===children accidents, I would like to install a mesh/net over the pond.
===It should be strong enough to hold a child or even an adult. There are
===nets on the market for swimming pools and that will probably end up
===being what we will buy. But what I was really looking for is a net or
===mesh that is transparent and can be placed slightly below the water
===surface no deeper than 1 or 1 and a half centimeters deep as it is
===known that small children can drown in 2 cm deep water. By being
===transparent and just below the surface, it should allow us to give the
===pond its natural look. Has anyone ever come across such a net or mesh
===on the market? If so, please let me know where I can purchase one.
===
===Thanks for your help,
===Johann Blake

"The original frugal ponder"
Old 17-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Reel Mckoi

wrote in message
oups.com...
We are currently building a fairly large pond in our yard. There will
be a fence around the pond but to be as safe as possible and prevent
children accidents, I would like to install a mesh/net over the pond.
It should be strong enough to hold a child or even an adult. There are
nets on the market for swimming pools and that will probably end up
being what we will buy. But what I was really looking for is a net or
mesh that is transparent and can be placed slightly below the water
surface no deeper than 1 or 1 and a half centimeters deep as it is
known that small children can drown in 2 cm deep water. By being
transparent and just below the surface, it should allow us to give the
pond its natural look. Has anyone ever come across such a net or mesh
on the market? If so, please let me know where I can purchase one.

========================
If you have a child-proof fence that should be all you need. A mesh cover
just under the water would prevent you from keeping fish. It would soon be
covered with algae unless you use swimming pool bleach type products in the
water. That would kill any frogs or newts that enter the pond. What about
birds that came for a drink? If you don't use these bleach products your
pond will look 2" deep (or however deep the mesh is) in no time.
--
McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 19-10-2005, 02:51 PM
~Roy

More than likely it will still grow.........

===~Roy wrote:
=== Anything thats going to be in contact with the water will eventually
=== and probably in short order get covered in slime or algae.......Even
=== an open mesh will soon get covered, and be readily seen.......
===
===
===
===
=== .On 17 Oct 2005 06:28:44 -0700,
wrote:
===
[...]
=== ===
=== ===Thanks for your help,
=== ===Johann Blake
===
===
=== Put some color in your cheeks...garden naked!
=== "The original frugal ponder"

"The original frugal ponder"