Old 17-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Lil' Dave

Default Garden tractor: Easy to operate?

"PacKat" wrote in message
My mum is 56 going on 57 years young. She used to be very
healthy but somewhat begin to feel her age. She live alone
in a house surrounded by trees. The property is about 3
acres. She is considering buying a garden tractor, mainly
for snow removal and hauling some firewood around her
property.

I am very worried that the tractor might be a bit too much
for woman her age to handle. Since my father died, she took
it upon herself to do everything my dad used to do. She is
very healthy and exercises regularly.

I would like to ask your opinion if operating a garden
tractor is reasonable for woman her age. Her property is
hilly and woody but clear of undergrowth. Will she be able
to ride the tractor up/down a steep incline? I know very
little about tractors but did a bit of searching in the
internet. She has her heart set on Sear's Craftsman, Arien
or Honda. Not sure what HP would be appropriate for her.

Thanks,
pac

Only physical concern I would have would be osteoporosis. Women tend to be
physical for most of their lives, and adapt to most any situation presented
to them.