Old 17-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Reel Mckoi

Default Looking for a transparent mesh / net to cover pond for safety

wrote in message
oups.com...
We are currently building a fairly large pond in our yard. There will
be a fence around the pond but to be as safe as possible and prevent
children accidents, I would like to install a mesh/net over the pond.
It should be strong enough to hold a child or even an adult. There are
nets on the market for swimming pools and that will probably end up
being what we will buy. But what I was really looking for is a net or
mesh that is transparent and can be placed slightly below the water
surface no deeper than 1 or 1 and a half centimeters deep as it is
known that small children can drown in 2 cm deep water. By being
transparent and just below the surface, it should allow us to give the
pond its natural look. Has anyone ever come across such a net or mesh
on the market? If so, please let me know where I can purchase one.

If you have a child-proof fence that should be all you need. A mesh cover
just under the water would prevent you from keeping fish. It would soon be
covered with algae unless you use swimming pool bleach type products in the
water. That would kill any frogs or newts that enter the pond. What about
birds that came for a drink? If you don't use these bleach products your
pond will look 2" deep (or however deep the mesh is) in no time.
--
McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b