Old 17-10-2005, 11:23 PM
Chris

Default Pruning Texas (blue) Sage?

I agree, I've pruned mine vicously and it always comes back for more.
Chris

"jOhN" wrote in message
m...
marcesent wrote:
I'm feeling as dumb as a doorknob here, but I can't figure out when to
prune my Texas (blue) sage. It is about to devour my driveway, but I'm
afraid to prune it and wind up killing or maiming it.

It has bloomed almost all year, thanks to it's proximity to the sprinkler
system. The leaves are lush and green on the ends of the branches, but
the branches themselves are very woody going into the heart of the plant.
Being evergreen, I worry that if I cut it back I'll wind up with a bunch
of woody sticks and no leaves. And I worry that if I trim it during the
winter I'm going to shock it and kill the next season's growth or
something like that.

Can anyone tell me when is the best time to prune this shrub? Thanks for
your help.

Julie

I've trimmed mine back to just sticks and it has returned every time. As
far as timing goes I did the trimming in early spring.