Old 20-01-2003, 06:51 PM
ned

Default Tree Stump Removal

Alan Smith wrote:
I have a number of tree stumps in my garden that I want to remove.

I've been told that this can be done chemically and a product
called 'Stump Out' was recommended but I can't find this anywhere.

Cany any one help please?

I think most of the chemical removal preparations require a lot of
patience. They are not going to act overnight.

On the other hand, a mechanical 'stump grinder' will do the job before
your very eyes. They come in all sizes but the smaller ones aren't all
that cumbersome and should go through the average garden gate. Maybe
not to be recommended as a DIY exercise, but your average (qualified)
tree surgeon should have one.

--
ned