Old 20-01-2003, 10:28 AM
Charlie Pridham

Default nurserys / gardens near Bristol to visit

"Eur Ing John Rye" wrote in message
Hello

I do not know what is going on, but I have just received my One of the

strengths of Bristol is the number of Parks in and around the
city. If you like walking in parkland these are nice at any time of the

year.
I particularly like Vasaals Park at Fishponds which adjoins the River

Frome
which you can follow downstream to Eastville Park. Both of these contain a
mixture of Parkland with collections of shrubs in place and in Summer some
formal beds.

The gardens of Bristol Zoo are generally very good.

The Victoria Gardens at Bath are interesting and quite close to the

historic
centre of the city.

There are two Gardens Centres that I like near Bristol. The one at
Almondsbury just north of the city, and the Cadbury Garden Centre which is
enormous at Congesbury on the road from Bristol to Weston super Mare.

I hope this helps

John

Bristol Botanic is very good and try looking up the yellow book gardens
(there are a number near the airport), none will probebly open in Feb but
many will be happy to show you around and there is a good chance of getting
to see something none of the summer visitors will!
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk