Old 19-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Dave Sheehy

Default This is fall...

Phalguy ) wrote:
: Hello everyone!

: Just wondering how are your plants doing?

My Burr 'Stephan Isler' is spiking and the Cirr Elizabeth Ann 'Buckleberry'
has spiked and the blooms are opening as I type (eat your heart out K ;-)).
Nothing much else is happening right now.

I attended the show in Sonoma last weekend and came away with a bunch of
cool stuff. I bought a Cycnoches hybrid of some sort, an Aerangis citrata,
and a Gongora fulva for my shadier growing area. I picked up a Cymbidium
tracyanum for the front porch. And I got a Cattleya dowiana 'aurea' which
I have to find a place for. Finally, I'm taking a chance on a Ghost Orchid
just to see what it does. It's sitting in a Vanda basket where it gets light
and can get misted regularly.

Here in my part of the western US it hasn't gotten cool enough to trigger the
Phals to spike yet so I just get to listen with envy about everybody else's
phals.

Dave